Thursday 11 October 2007

Futon's Day Off

I hate moving.

I realize now that in less than three weeks I will be out of Tomioka forever. It's a pretty good feeling.

Because mainly, I will never have to walk up "Tomioka Hill" every day again. I will have to give it credit that without it, I would not have lost the 10kg I have since I arrived. That, and the sweaty and sticky summer we had.

Being a day off I was not in any rush, but I wanted to make sure I was not on a train after 5pm. I have to make at least another two trips after this before my room will be empty - my guitar gear and my clothes. Time is getting short.

Today's mission was to get my futon, blanket, quilt, pillow, sheets and two umbrellas safely to my new abode.

First I tried to put them all in my suitcase, but it just wasn't going to happen. So.. I put it all in the original big bag that it came in.

I vacuumed around and on my bed, ate a quick omelette and bounced along the road towards the train station.

Sure, people stared at me. They usually do anyway, but I don't care. It's amazing how the power of sunglasses can stop this from happening. Yes, I AM looking at you.

Surprisingly, I didn't have any trouble at all. Looks like I left at the right time. I managed to get a seat most of the way as well.

Round Two complete. Futon enjoyed the trip immensely. I gave it an Azuki ice candy and some Crunky. Sugoi!

1 comments:

avatar said...

I don't get it. Why were people staring?