Monday 22 October 2007

How Old Are You? I'm Great

It's a long trip from Keikyu Tomioka to Shinjuku, and then to Chōfu on the Keio Line.

At Shinjuku I went to HQ to notify them of my soon to be new address.

They told me to go to the Shinjuku ward office to amend my gaijin card and health insurance. It wasn't too hard to find, but I asked a security guard who probably gets asked a million times by foreigners where it is.

The change of address was fairly painless but the health insurance guy didn't speak any english and gave me a japanese instruction sheet and said to get in touch with my HQ.

I made my way to Chōfu without any problems. The train map from Kinokuniya is worth every yen of the 250 yen I paid for it in peace of mind alone.

Chōfu seems like it's getting into the countryside, but is still only less than twenty minutes out of Tokyo.

I had a pretty good day. I heard the title of this post today. It may be incorrect in some way, but the more I think of it, it sounds like a great response.

0 comments: