Saturday 27 October 2007

I'm Not On Shakai Hoken, Goddamit

After cancelling my National Health Insurance (Kokumin Kenko Hoken) at Kanazawa Bunko yesterday, I wanted to make sure I was still covered, so before my shift today I decided to catch the train from Tomioka to Shinjuku to attempt another try at the ward office.

I was in Kawasaki today so it wasn't too far away.

For some reason the woman thought I should be on Shakai Hoken (company insurance) because my gaijin card had the company I worked for on it. She called my HQ and finally gave me what I asked for. I'm pleased to say that my monthly bill is about 200 yen cheaper. That's two Crunkys in my world.

I've just about taken care of everything here now. My addresses have been changed, except for my bank. I don't have much left to take over. In about a week from now I'll be living in the centre of Tokyo! Sugoi!

0 comments: