Sunday 27 January 2008

The New 'Chu

I have a few ideas of new places to go in the near future, but today was not going to be one of those days. 


 After not fully waking up and getting out of the house until about 3pm, the choice was made to go to Roppongi. 

 The gf wanted to go to the National Art Museum to get a present for her friend at the museum shop there.

 

 
I thought it'd be a good time to get a new 4 litre bottle of Shochu, as my faithful bottle of Green is almost coming to a end. 

 The Museum is actually quite an interesting looking building. She bought a printed carry bag at the shop and then we made our way to Midtown. 

 We perused the international supermarket, Precce. "Sampleman", my alter ego, found some juicy beef samples and regained his power to fight evil once more. 

 I mentioned the azuki and butter rolls we had in Ginza to the gf, so we made a bee-line for the bakery area and got some. Lucky they had them here. It saved us a trip to Ginza.


  We saw some Masuno Sushi so we bought that as well. We found a small seating area just outside the supermarket and ate them both there. 

 I am really getting a taste for raw fish. Who would've thought? 

 Once you get over the, "but it's not cooked" feeling, it's quite a tasty treat. Bring it on! 

 Finally we made our way to Don Quijote to get me that 'Chu!




Originally I had in mind to get another four litre bottle of Green, but there was a bottle of Suntory Shochu for 1880 yen saving about 500 yen, so I decided to give this one a try. Shochu is shochu right? I'll soon find out. 

 Leaving there I had in mind to try the expired coffee coupons, but the girl was too smart and turned them around to tell me they were overdue. 

 I did my best surprised look and shot out of there as quick as I could. 

 I have to go to bed early tonight. I have to get up at about 6am. That should be fun.

0 comments: