Thursday 28 February 2008

Yen Back? Cashback!

Today I mailed my 5000 yen cashback from Nikon for my lens purchase.

Let's see how long it takes to get it back into my hot little hands. While not a huge amount, it'll buy a LOT of Crunky.

I checked a previous post to see how long it takes for me to finish a four litre bottle of Shochu. I was shocked and surprised that it has been a month almost to the day. I maybe had a glass or two almost every night, so it sounds about right.

Japan is a great place for vices.

Alcohol and cigarettes are ridiculously cheap. I've lost a lot of weight since coming here, but I feel pretty good. I'm guessing that shochu has less carbs than beer, but it may have something to do with my changed eating habits and more active lifestyle these days.

I've done a massive cleanup of my hard drive and reclaimed over 50 gigs of space. Still, I feel like there's still some more to be had, so I'm going to do some more investigation to get even more if I can.

I bought some That's branded Taiyo Yuden DVDs for 2100 yen today. From what I've read on the internet, they are the best media you can buy.

If I can free up some more space I'm going to install music software. Living in Japan I feel inspired. It's about time to lay down some tracks. I found the chords to Rihanna's, "Umbrella". I must be have bored or something.

Don't get me wrong it's a great song. I've also been listening to some melancholy, folky Nick Drake tracks and "Lost & Safe" by The Books recommended by a friend.

The later is very different. It sounds a bit like a soundtrack with random soundbytes. Not quite songs, but perfect for a slow anesthetic to Tokyo's train trips.

0 comments: