Monday 26 January 2009

For The Love Of God

It's what my mother would say if I'd bought another guitar, AND it so happens to be a Steve Vai song.

Why do I mention this?

Well I was VERY close to buying a very nice mirror-faced JEM guitar with a custom vine inlay neck. I guess there is quite a big risk trying to buy something off an American forum, and then hoping it arrives to me in one piece. Crazy maybe, but take a look at this..


Nice, eh? The guy would have sent it to me for US $2140 with the stock neck it came with as well. With the Australian dollar not so great, it would jack that price up quite a bit, and I'd probably have to pay customs/import duty bringing it to Australia.

Well, suffice to say, I took too long to decide and he traded it in at a guitar store. I guess it was just never meant to be.

I don't need another guitar, or do I?

0 comments: